ou thought we we’re gonna leave Thailand so soon? Think again dudes. Today we have a special Vegan version of our famous Spicy Thai Coconut Soup that’s even better than the original. As a fellow meatarian I do not miss meat at all in this fantastic dish. Let’s make it!
We think the Thai name is Tom Khing Teahu (ต้มขิงที่หู) which translates to Tofu Ginger Soup… Thai friends, please help! :D
How much are we making?
1 Small Bunch
Kaffir Lime Leaves(Optional)
Cooked White Rice
- Prep Ingredients
- Chop onion into large pieces and chop the tomatoes into wedges.
- Slice mushrooms up into bite sized slices.
- Cut the ginger and lemongrass into big slices.
- Cut the yellow squash and zucchini into 1/8 inch half moons.
- Juice the 3 limes and roughly chop up the cilantro bunch.
- Rip up the kaffir lime leaves into big pieces.
- Roughly chop up thai chiles.
- Open the tofu container and drain it. Then cut it up into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Cooking Time
- Add the coconut milk to a large pot along with the lemongrass, ginger, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, and the thai chiles. Bring this to a simmer and continue simmering for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of simmering add the tofu, soy sauce, kaffir lime leaves, and salt to the pot. Simmer this for another 5-10 minutes.
- After those 5-10 minutes of simmering is up, remove from the heat. Add lime juice and cilantro. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if you think it’s bland.
- Add some white rice to a bowl and ladle the soup over the top. Enjoy!
UP YOUR ALLEY