raving falafel but don’t wanna order out or make them? Well we got the recipe for you. Today we’re making my favorite lazy recipe that’s great for these hot summer days, Faux-lafel Salad. It’s all of the ingredients of a Falafel bowl in a single dish. Let’s make it!
How much are we making?
Drained Chickpeas(15 Oz)
- Cook the Couscous
- In a small sauce pot add the 3/4 cup of water along with a pinch of salt and olive oil (if using). Bring it to a boil.
- Add the couscous to the pot along and give it a good stir. Cover it with a lid. Allow this to sit for about at least 5 minutes, then remove the lid and give it a good stir.
- Chop the Veggies and Herbs
- Chop the cucumber and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the onion up into a medium dice.
- Finely chop up the parsley and cilantro.
- Make the Dressing
- In a medium sized bowl add tahini, garlic, ground cumin, ground cayenne, ground coriander, salt, water, and lemon juice. Mix this well.
- Assemble the Salad
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the chopped veggies and herbs, the chickpeas, the couscous, and the dressing. Mix very well and serve with flat bread. Enjoy!
UP YOUR ALLEY