ho wants to spend all of their precious free time during the middle of the week cooking?! Well I don’t! Because ain’t nobody got time for that. Today I’m going to show you make a meal consisting of a main and 2 sides in less than 30 minutes! Utilizing the air fryer, microwave, and stove we can easily accomplish this. Let’s get our chicken fry on!
How much are we making?
Cubed Beef Steaks
Salt Free Garlic and Herb Seasoning
Large Baking Potato
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt to Taste
Splash of Water
- Prepare Baked Potato
- Wash the potato and poke it several times on all sides with a fork.
- Place potato on a plate and place it in the microwave. Turn the microwave on for 7 minutes on high. Flip the potato over about half way through.
- After the 7 minutes is up squeeze the potato with a towel to check for doneness. If it feels like it’s still a little hard, put the potato back in the microwave for another 1-2 minutes until its soft. The skin might get a little wrinkled up, but the inside will be steamy and delicious. Once it’s soft enough for you, place back in the microwave and just let it sit. Continue making the rest of the meal.
- Prepare Broccoli
- Wash the broccoli, and slice the florets (the little trees!) off the larger stem. The stem is delicious but we’re not going to use it today.
- Mince the garlic.
- Set the garlic and broccoli aside.
- Bread the Steaks
- Get out two plates(or pie pans) and a bowl. Add the 1/2 cup of flour to one plate along with some sprinkles of the Creole Seasoning and Garlic and Herb Seasoning. Mix well.
- In the other plate add the panko bread crumbs.
- Add the egg along with the 2 tablespoons of milk(or water). Beat the egg until well mixed.
- Season the steaks with the remaining seasonings well on all sides.
- Now grab one of the seasoned steaks and place it in the plate with the flour. Coat the steak well on both sides and shake off any excess flour.
- Dredge the floured steak in the egg. Make sure to try and get egg over the entire steak.
- Now place the steak into the panko and throughly coat all sides of the steak. We should have some good stickage of the breading.
- Repeat steps 11-13 with the remaining steak(s).
- Cook the Steaks
- Now get out your air fryer tray and make sure to spray the inside surface well with cooking spray. You don’t want to know how many times I’ve messed up dishes by forgetting this..
- Place the breaded steaks in the air fryer and spray the tops with more cooking spray for better browning. Try to get as much space between the steaks as you can.
- Place the tray back in the air fryer and set the temperature to 370F for 13 minutes.
- Gravy Time Excellent
- Add the 1/8 cup of oil and 1/8 cup of flour to a medium sized skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Now add the cup of milk and mix well.
- Simmer the gravy over medium low heat, stirring frequently. While this happening let’s start cooking the broccoli.
- Cook Broccoli
- Place a small skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the broccoli along with a little bit of water and a lid to cover. This will help the broccoli cook faster.
- After about 2 minutes give the broccoli a stir then add the red pepper flakes along with the garlic.
- Cook for about another 3-5 minutes and if your broccoli is not totally cooked through but your garlic is starting to brown, add some more water to the pan and put the lid back on. This will help stop the browning. Now it’s time to check the steaks.
- Flip Steaks
- After about 7 minutes check the steaks. If they look pretty brown on the top side, give them a flip and spray the newly flipped side with spray oil.
- Add another minute to the air fryer timer and continue cooking for the remaining 7 minutes. Check them at the last 2 minutes or so just to make sure you aren’t browning them too much.
- Finish Broccoli and Gravy
- Now lets add the garlic powder, cayenne powder, black pepper, and a heavy pinch of salt to the gravy and mix well. Our gravy should be pretty thickened by now. Remove from the heat. If it gets a little too thick add a little more milk or water to thin it out. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Now back to the broccoli. Take the lid off and we should be rewarded with throughly cooked broccoli with hopefully not burned garlic! Turn off and remove from the heat. Add a pinch of salt.
- Country Frys Assemble
- Now take the plate with the baked potato out of the microwave and split it open. Mash the insides with a fork, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the potato.
- Add the broccoli to the plate.
- Now add the steaks and graciously cover the steaks(and potato if you’re feeling extra today) with the gravy. Enjoy!
UP YOUR ALLEY