his is the best Vegan Italian Sausage you’re ever gonna put on a pizza. Below is a link to a totally Radical Vegan Pan Pizza that uses this recipe.
How much are we making?
Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
Whole Fennel Seeds
Red Pepper Flakes
- Hydrate TVP
- Pour hot water over TVP and stir it. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Make Sausage
- Heat oil in a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot add the rehydrated TVP. It might pop a little so be careful. I like to spread the TVP out as thin as I can to make it brown as fast as possible.
- After a few minutes add the fennel seeds and saute for about 2 minutes. You should really smell the Italian in the Italian Sausage at this point.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes until the sausage is well browned.
UP YOUR ALLEY