oday we got a special family holiday recipe for you (veganized!). The name Vegan Hashbrown Casserole doesn’t stand out much, but I promise that you and your family will love this!
How much are we making?
Cubed Frozen Hashbrowns
Vegan Sour Cream
Crushed Wavy Potato Chips
Shredded Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare Sauce
- Add a large skillet over medium heat and add the vegan butter. While the pan is heating chop up celery, onion, and mince the garlic.
- Once the pan is hot, add the celery and onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute until aromatic about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, cayenne, salt, pepper and rosemary to pan. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the vegan sour cream and water to the pan. Cook for a few minutes mixing to thoroughly incorporate the seasonings.
- Once thorughly mixed and heated through, add the vinegar and take off the heat. Allow this to cool for a few minutes.
- Assemble Casserole
- Turn the oven to 350F and let it heat up.
- Get out a large baking dish (at least 13”x9”) and spray the inside with the cooking oil.
- Put hashbrowns in the dish.
- Pour sour cream mixture over the top and spread it as evenly as you can.
- Crush up chips and spread evenly over the top.
- Top with vegan cheddar cheese.
- Bake and Enjoy
- Place in oven and set a timer for 35 minutes.
- After the timer is up, take out the dish and enjoy!
UP YOUR ALLEY