How much are we making?
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Salt To Taste
Chicken Bouillon Paste
1 Heaping Tablespoon
- Make the Curry Roux
- Put a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and flour to the pot. Mixing well.
- Continue to cook this 5-15 minutes constantly stirring or until it reaches a peanut butter or almost a milk chocolate color.
- Now remove it from the heat and add the the curry powder, garam masala, and cayenne powder. Mix it up well and set aside. This is our curry roux!
- Prepping the Ingredients
- Peel the carrots, potatoes, ginger, and apple.
- Cut carrots and potatoes up into large bite sized pieces.
- Slice onion up into large pieces.
- Mince ginger and garlic. Finely chop up the apple.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to large pan over medium heat. Once hot add the chicken thighs. Brown the pieces on all sides about 7-8 minutes.
- Now add our sliced onion and cook for a few minutes, or until slightly translucent.
- Next add the ginger and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Now add the chicken bouillon paste and water and mixing it well to dissolve the paste.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, apple, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, and honey. Mix well.
- Once the pan reaches a boil, cover it with a lid. Turn the heat down to medium low. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Finishing Up
- After the time is up, the potatoes and carrots should be softened. Now take off the lid.
- Now add some of the cooking liquid into our curry roux and mix it well until to loosen it up some.
- Now add the curry roux to the pan. Mix well. Cook for a few minutes until the curry starts to thicken up. Turn off the heat and add the green peas. Serve it over some rice and enjoy!
UP YOUR ALLEY