hat’s up my dudes. It’s hot and sweaty today so why not make a little visit to Thailand. Let’s get our boxing shorts on and roundhouse kick our tastebuds with some delicious Spicy Coconut Chicken Soup (Tom Kha Gai). Let’s get in to it.
How much are we making?
1 Small Bunch
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
Kaffir Lime Leaves (Optional)
Cooked White Rice
- Prep Ingredients
- Chop onion and tomatoes into wedges.
- Slice mushrooms up into bite sized slices.
- Cut the ginger and lemongrass into big slices.
- Juice the 3 limes and roughly chop up the cilantro bunch.
- Thinly slice thai chiles and cut the kaffir lime leaves into thin strips.
- Cut chicken up into bite sized chunks.
- Cooking Time
- Add the coconut milk to a large pot along with the lemongrass and ginger. Bring it to a simmer.
- Once the coconut milk is simmering add the onion, kaffir lime leaves, tomatoes, mushrooms, and chicken to the pot. Simmer this for 15-20 minutes depending on how big your chicken pieces are.
- After the 15-20 minutes is up, remove from the heat. Add the salt, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Add some white rice to a bowl and ladle the soup over the top. Enjoy!
UP YOUR ALLEY