oday we got a hot one for ya. We’re making a cooling Gazpacho soup for this hot day. So grab your favorite beverage and jump in the blender bowl with us as we travel to Spain. Let’s make it!
How much are we making?
Hearty Bread (Crusts Removed)
Medium Sized Cucumber
Fresh Oregano (Optional)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Fresh Basil (Optional)
Leftover Bread (For Serving)
- Prepping the ingredients
- Rip the inside parts of a nice hearty bread up into chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Roughly chop up the tomatoes into large chunks and make a layer of the chunks on top of the bread. This should use about 1/2 of your tomatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper over the tomatoes.
- Now take the rest of the tomatoes and make another layer on top of the already salted and peppered tomatoes. Sprinkle another 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper over this new layer.
- Peel and slice the cucumber up into large half moon bits and add them to the tomatoes.
- Roughly chop up the bell pepper into large chunks and add them to the bowl.
- Roughly chop up the onion and peel the garlic cloves. Add these to the bowl as well.
- Now sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper all over the top.
- Roughly chop the fresh oregano and it along with the dried oregano
- Add the olive oil and vinegar to the bowl and give it a good stir. Let this mixture sit out for about 30 minutes on your counter. Your patience will be rewarded.
- Blender Time, Excellent
- Now after the 30 minutes is up, add as much of the ingredients in the bowl as you can fit into a blender. Add the cumin as well. You might have to blend it in batches. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the gazpacho through a strainer or colander and stir vigoursly to remove the tomato and pepper skins and anything else.
- Serve it up in a bowl with a little olive oil, chives, basil, black pepper and a piece of tasty bread. Enjoy!
UP YOUR ALLEY