e wrap up Doodzgiving 2019 with the main course. Instead of regular ol roast turkey we decided to smoke up some chicken quarters. This is the first time I’ve ever smoked chicken, so let’s give it a shot. Let’s get sweaty!
How much are we making?
Barbecue Sauce (Optional)
- Prepare Chicken Quarters
- Pat down the chicken with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. I decided to place my chicken quarters on a couple of my smoker’s racks to make it easier to put them in the smoker.
- Now liberally season the chicken on all sides with the barbecue seasoning and rub it in so that it sticks.
- Smoker Time
- Set/get your smoker to around 275F. We’re using an electric one with a built in thermostat.
- Slide the chicken quarters into the smoker.
- Load up your firebox with you’re favorite type of soaking woodchips. I’m using applewood in this recipe. I had mine soaking in water because it makes the chips smoke a little longer.
- Set smoker vents to be half closed.
- After about 45 minutes to an hour add some more chips to the smoker.
- Continue letting the chicken quarters cook for another hour to an hour and a half. We are looking for a cook time of about 2 hours and 30 minutes. After this time is up pull the quarters out and enjoy them with your favorite barbeuce sauce!
UP YOUR ALLEY