oday I’m going to show you how to make my ultimate nachos. Nachos are easy to assemble once you have all your ingredients in place.
How much are we making?
Medium Sized Onion
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 of one
- Chop onion and serrano into small pieces.
- Peel garlic and put into garlic press (or mince)
- Cook Nacho Meat
- Heat up a 12 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat cook ground beef until most of the pink is gone
- Add half to 3/4 of the chopped onion and serrano to pan and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for another couple minutes.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and salt to pan. Stir to mix well.
- Add water to spread the seasoning around. Continue cooking until the water is gone, about 3 minutes.
- Assemble Nachos
- Pull out a half sized cookie sheet and put a layer of tortilla chips down.
- Put down a layer of the ground beef.
- Put down a layer of cheese
- Put down a layer of beans.
- Now put down another smaller layer of chips
- Put down another layer of ground beef, cheese, and some sliced onions
- Place Nachos in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and you see some browning on the chips.
- Topping it Off
- Top nachos with dollops of sour cream and cilantro.
- Sprinkle avocado pieces and squeeze a little lime over it.
UP YOUR ALLEY